Fundamentals of Pedagogy and Education
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Health Care Disciplines and Population Protection
Education as a scientific discipline, basic educational categories and their interrelationships. After completing the lessons, the student should understand the methods of general and special education.
1. Attendance at practice (1 absence is accepted).
2. Development of a team project and its presentation as part of the exercise.
3. Written test in the scope of reference literature and material presented at lectures focusing on the issue of pedagogy, special pedagogy and education.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Introduction to the study of pedagogy, history.
2. Pedagogy as a science, the concept of pedagogy.
3. Basic educational terminology and its transformations.
4. Educational disciplines and their current issues.
5. Special Education as a scientific discipline.
6. Handicap in terms of individual and social human development.
7. Education and Human Development.
8. Education and Society.
9. Educational process.
10. New alternative therapeutic approaches in work and education for people with disabilities.
11. The Czech educational system in the context of the EU.
12. Current issues of Czech education.
13. Educational Research.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Detection and diagnosis of learning styles.
2. Fine motor skills, graphomotor skills.
3. Optical differentiation, optical memory, optical attention.
4. Acoustic differentiation, acoustic memory, acoustic attention.
5. Laterality, right-left orientation, intermodality, seriality.
6. Alternative therapy - art therapy, music therapy, drama therapy.
7. Communication skills - practicing behavior when communicating with a client - child, adult, senior, communication styles, active listening, communication rules with disabled people.
- Study Objective:
Basic knowledge of general and special education.
- Study materials:
 LEACH, J., MOON, B. The power of pedagogy. 1st ed. London: Sage Publications, 2007. DOI: 10.4135/9781446212158.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Optics and Optometry (compulsory course)