Prospective Technologies for Diagnostics and Vision Correction
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Natural Sciences
Principles, present and future applications of modern methods for diagnostics of a human eye and correction of aberrations of an eye. Techniques of measurement of aberrations and geometric parameters of the eye, analysis of an influence of aberrations on vision and possibilities to apply these factors into the design of ophthalmic correction tools. Analysis of an influence of the cornea on optical properties and aberrations of an eye, possibilities of anterior segment analysis and its application for the correction of the eye. Trends in the development of ophthalmic corrective tools, methods and instruments for a superior diagnostics and analysis of properties of the eye.
Credit condition - 75% presence, successful passing the mid-term and final test.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Classification, description and analysis of aberrations of human eye.
2. Effect of aberrations on vision quality. Characteristics of vision quality.
3. Aberrometry (wavefront analysis). Relationship between refractive errors and aberrations.
4. Application of aberrometry in praxis. Methods and instruments for measurements of refractive errors.
5. Possibilities of analysis of cornea and anterior segment of eye.
6. Analysis of topography and pachymetry of cornea, biomechanics of cornea.
7. Modern technology for retina diagnostics.
8. Possibilities of application of aberrometry and corneal tomography into design of ophthalmic lenses. Possibilities of surgical refractive correction of aberrations.
9. Liquid crystals, displays, aspheric and diffractive optics for vision science.
10. Modern possibilities of presbyopic correction.
11. Adaptive and active optical elements and systems in vision science.
12. Trends in development of tools and methods for correction of vision.
13. Modern optoelectronic displays and imaging systems for diagnostics and vision correction.
14. Smart correction and diagnostic ophthalmic lenses, tools and devices. modern technology and fabrication of ophthalmic lenses.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
Students become familiar with present perspective methods of correction and diagnostics of a human eye and as well as with new trends in this topic.
- Study materials:
 ARTAL, P. Handbook of Visual Optics. Vol 1-2. CRC Press, Boca Raton 2017. ISBN: 978-1482237962.
 KASCHKE, M., DONNERHACKE, K.H., RILL, M.S. Optical Devices in Ophthalmology and Optometry: Technology, Design Principles, and Clinical Applications. Wiley-VCH, Weinheim 2014. ISBN: 978-3527410682.
 PORTER, J., et al. Adaptive Optics for Visual Science. Principles, Practices, Design and Applications. John Wiley & Sons, New York 2006. ISBN: 978-0-471-67941-7.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Optics and Optometry (compulsory course)