Internet and Classification Methods
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Applied Mathematics
In this course, the students get acquainted with classification methods used in four important internet, or generally network applications: in spam filtering, in recommendation systems, in malware detection systems and in intrusion detection systems. However, they will learn more than only how classification is performed when solving these four kinds of problems. On the background of these applications, they get an overview of the fundamentals of classification methods. The course is taught in a 2-weeks cycle with 2-hour lectures and 2-hour exercises. During the exercises, the students on the one hand implement simple examples to topics from the lectures, on the other hand consult their semester tasks.
Probability and linear algebra knowledge at the bachelor level.
- Syllabus of lectures:
Lecture 1. Three important internet applications of classification methods
Lecture 2. Basic concepts concerning classification
Lecture 3. Main types of classification methods.
Lecture 4. When does a classifier make the least number of mistakes on new data?
Lecture 5. When is the classification comprehensible for a user?
Lecture 6. A team is superior to an individual.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Getting familiar with the system Matlab for those who haven't used it yet.
2. Presentation of possible semester tasks on which the students will work at home for the assessment + simple examples for Lecture 2.
3. Simple examples for Lectures 3.-6. + consulting the semester tasks.
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
M. Holeňa, P. Pulc, M. Kopp. Classification Methods for Internet Applications. Springer, 2020.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Master specialization Computer Security, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization Design and Programming of Embedded Systems, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization Computer Systems and Networks, in Czech, 202 (elective course)
- Master specialization Management Informatics, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization Software Engineering, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization System Programming, in Czech, version from 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization Web Engineering, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization Knowledge Engineering, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization Computer Science, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Mgr. programme, for the phase of study without specialisation, ver. for 2020 and higher (elective course)
- Study plan for Ukrainian refugees (elective course)