- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Information Security
The course provides the knowledge needed for the analysis and design of computer systems security solutions. Students get an overview of safeguards against abuse of the system using hardware means. They will be able to safely use and integrate hardware components into systems and test them for resistance to attacks.
Students will gain knowledge about the cryptographic accelerators, PUF, random number generators, smart cards, biometric devices, and devices for internal security functions of the computer.
Basics of computer security and cryptography, programming
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Introduction to measurement with oscilloscope and smart card
2. Measurement with oscilloscope, data transfer to PC
3. Differential power analysis
4. DPA - power models, evaluation methods
5. Trace alignment and compression
6. Attacking countermeasures - hiding in time
7. Attacking hiding in time
8. Analysis of correlation with instructions
9. Analysis of correlation with instructions
10. Attacking masking
11. Task finalization
12. Task finalization, credit
- Study Objective:
Students will understand the problems of security hardware devices in computer systems. They will be able to perform certain hardware attacks and design countermeasures against them.
- Study materials:
1. Bhunia, S. - Tehranipoor, M. : Hardware Security: A Hands-on Learning Approach. Morgan Kaufmann, 2018. ISBN 9780128124772.
2. Paar, C. - Pelzl, J. : Understanding Cryptography. Springer, 2010. ISBN 978-3-642-04100-6.
3. Anderson, R. J. : Security Engineering: A Guide to Building Dependable Distributed Systems (2nd Edition). Wiley, 2008. ISBN 978-0-470-06852-6.
4. Ecks, M. : Smartcard Development with JavaCard and the OpenCard Framework: A feasibility study. VDM Verlag Dr. Muller, 2007. ISBN 3836499894.
5. Rankl, W. - Eng, W. : Smart Card Handbook (3rd Edition). Wiley, 2004. ISBN 978-0-470-85669-7.
6. Menezes, A. - Oorschot, P. - Vanstone, S. : Handbook of Applied Cryptography. CRC Press, 1996. ISBN 0849385237.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Master specialization Computer Security, in Czech, 2020 (PS)
- Master specialization Design and Programming of Embedded Systems, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization Computer Systems and Networks, in Czech, 202 (elective course)
- Master specialization Management Informatics, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization Software Engineering, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization System Programming, in Czech, version from 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization Web Engineering, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization Knowledge Engineering, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization Computer Science, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Mgr. programme, for the phase of study without specialisation, ver. for 2020 and higher (VO)