- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Information Security
General knowledge about the functioning of computer networks and systems. Basics from programming.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Introduction, Selected Network Protocols and Their Security Weaknesses
2. Network attacks 1 (Introduction)
3. Network attacks 2 ((D)DoS, Scanning, Brute-Force)
4. Network attacks 3 (Covert Channels, MitM, Poisoning, L7 threats)
5. Remote Access
6. Active Defense, Cyber Deception
7. Data mining
8. Statistical methodology for anomaly detection
9. Intrusion Detection Systems
10. Incident response
11. Penetration testing
12. Reserved (Social Engineering)
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. ARP Man-in-the-Middle (MitM) and Scapy
2. (Distributed) Denial of Service
3. Packet-Based Network Analysis
4. Flow-Based Network Analysis
5. Network Scanning and Vulnerability testing
- Study Objective:
he goal of the course is to teach the students basic security aspects of communication protocols in wired, optical, and wireless networks. Emphasis is put on detection and prevention of attacks on resources and information systems in wired computer networks.
- Study materials:
1. Stallings, W. : Cryptography and Network Security: Principles and Practice (7th Edition). Pearson, 2016. ISBN 978-0134444284.
2. Stallings, W. : Cryptography and Network Security: Principles and Practice (5th Edition). Prentice Hall, 2010. ISBN 0-13-869017-0.
3. Anderson, R. : Security Engineering: A Guide to Building Dependable Distributed Systems. Wiley, 2008. ISBN 0470068523.
4. Mitnick, K. D. - Simon, W. L. - Wozniak, K. W. : The Art of Deception: Controlling the Human Element of Security. Wiley, 2003. ISBN 076454280X.
5. Kaufman, Ch. - Perlman, R. - Speciner, M. : Network Security, Private Communication in a Public World (2nd Edition). Prentice Hall, 2002. ISBN 0130460192.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Master specialization Computer Security, in Czech, 2020 (PS)
- Master specialization Design and Programming of Embedded Systems, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization Computer Systems and Networks, in Czech, 202 (PS)
- Master specialization Management Informatics, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization Software Engineering, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization System Programming, in Czech, version from 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization Web Engineering, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization Knowledge Engineering, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Master specialization Computer Science, in Czech, 2020 (elective course)
- Mgr. programme, for the phase of study without specialisation, ver. for 2020 and higher (VO)