Fluid Dynamics A
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Fluid Dynamics and Thermodynamics
The first course in Fluid Mechanics designed to provide the fundamental tools necessary to analyse a fluid systems and predict its behaviour.
- Syllabus of lectures:
01. Hydrostatics. Pascal's law. Basic equations. Archimedes' law. Absolute and relative balance. Euler equation of hydrostatics and its integration.
02. Wall forces. Methods of calculation. Determining location and direction.
03. Basic equation of fluid dynamics - equation of continuity, motion equations and energy. Link with concepts in the subject of Thermomechanics.
04. Flow of perfect fluid. Outflow from vessels. Real fluid discharge. Overflow. Flow through a flooded hole.
05. Flow of the perfect fluid through the pipe. Basic equations. Real fluid flow. Local and frictional losses.
06. Unsteady flow. Water stroke. Absolute and relative flow.
07. Dynamic effects of fluid flow. Propulsion power. Euler's pump and turbine equation.
08. Laminar flow, flow in circular tube. Analytically solvable cases of laminar flow. Turbulent flow. Turbulence characteristics. Flow around a flat plate, boundary layer. Drag.
09. Flow around cilindrical body, spherical body, wing section. Lift and drag. Flow separation. Aerodynamic characteristics of the wing.
10. Fundamentals of the theory of similarity. Dimensional analysis. Similarity numbers and laws.
11. Compressible fluid flow. One dimensional isotropic flow. Outlet and maximum speed. The speed of sound. Mach number. Critical conditions. Hugeniot's theorem.
12. Perpendicular adiabatic shock wave. Nozzle and diffuser flows. Flow under non-design conditions. Aerodynamic choking.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1. White, F. M.: Fluid Mechanics, 3rd ed., New York, 1994,
2. Munson,B.,Young,D.,Okiishi,T.:Fundamentals of Fluid Mechanics, 2nd ed., New York,1994,
3. Douglas, J., Mathews, R.: Solving Problems in Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 1 and 2, Longman, Malaysia, 1998
4. Jílek, M.: Thermomechanics, CTU Prague, 2006
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: