Fundamentals of Technology II.
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Machining, Process Planning and Metrology
Introduction to machining. Principle of cutting process. Working parameters. Cutting tools - general characteristics, geometry, designation and symbols. The basic machining processes, their mechanics, equipment, conditions, material removal rate determination. The shapes produced, commercial tolerance and surface finish obtained. Laboratories.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. General terms of machining - manufacturing process
2. General terms - cutting tools
3. Production conditions of machining
4. Rotary surface machining - turning
5. Plane surface machining - milling, shaping, planing
6. Machining of bores - drilling, reaming, boring etc.
7. Broaching, material cutting, grinding
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Induction course, organization of laboratory works, safety standards, basic terminology of machining process
2. Basic terminology of machining process - laboratory practice
3. Basic terminology of machining process - cutting tools
4. Real shop practice
5. Real shop practice
6. Real shop practice
7. Credit test, submission of specifications, credit
- Study Objective:
Knowledge of basic methods of the machining and a quiddity of the cutting process.
- Study materials:
Boothroyd, G., Knight, W. A. Fundamentals of Machining and Machine Tools. Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York and Basel, 1989
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: