- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Biomedical Technology
The study subject links to Anatomy and Physiology II and is dedicated to excitable tissues (muscles and neural system) in the terms of signal generation, measuring possibilities and exploitation of changes in electrical parameters. Signal generation is explained at cellular and molecular levels, different software simulations are employed. From the methodological point of view, measurements of electrical parameters are described at all levels - cells, tissues, organs. Exploitation of electrical parameters of cells, tissues and organs is treated from both clinical and experimental points. Methods to use electrical field or stimulation for medical purposes are described. Besides lectures, practical classes focused on independent study of students are incorporated into the syllabus.
Credit: attendance at classes and protocols from classes.
Exam: written test, multiple-choice, number of questions 20, classification according to directions.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. - 2. General electrophysiology. Introduction, history, membrane of excitable tissues, action and resting membrane potential, nerve and synapse.
2.Heart and ECG - history, signal generation, typical ECG curve, clinical use.
3.Brain and EEG - history, signal generation, brain wave rhythms, clinical use, sleep/wake cycle.
4. Electrophysiology and muscle tissures. EMG.
5.Pathologic electrophysiology. Other use of electrophysiology in research and clinical practice - pain and epilepsy diagnosis and treatment, patch-clamp, voltage-clamp, single unit recording, evoked potentials.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Transepithelial electrophysiology
2. Impuls transmission.
3. Electrocardiogram. Assessment.
- Study Objective:
To inroduce a theory of origin of electrical phenomena in cells, possibilities of measurement and utilization of these phenomena in gifferent structural levels. Influence of electrical stimulation and prartical exhibition of measurement of ECG and EEG.
- Study materials:
1. Silbernagel S., Despopoulos A.: Color atlas of physiology, Thieme 2015.
2. Silbernagel S., Lang F.: Color atlas of pathophysiology, Thieme 2016.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Biomedical Technician - full time study in English (compulsory course)