Airplane Structures and Design
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Aerospace Engineering
Aircraft classification, layout philosophies and certification specifications
Basic stages of aircraft development
Creation and transfer of shape information, reference systems, sizing
Construction ? technological requirements, airframe assembly, alignment
Masses and CGs, mass categorization, mass envelope, pay load diagram
Wing, its layout and location, geometric and aerodynamic characteristics, loading and construction of wing.
Fuselage, mass, geometric and aerodynamic characteristics, loading and construction of fuselage, payloading spaces.
Tail sufaces, their layout and design parameters, loading and construction of tail surfaces.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Aircraft classification, layout philosophies and certification specifications
2. Basic stages of aircraft development
3. Creation and transfer of shape information, reference systems, sizing
4. Construction ? technological requirements, airframe assembly, alignment
5. Masses and CGs, mass categorization, mass envelope, pay load diagram
6. Geometric and aerodynamic characteristics of wing
7. Wing loading
8. Design and construction of wing
9. Geometric and aerodynamic characteristics of fuselage
10. Fuselage loading
11. Payload space, design and construction of fuselage
12. Layout and design parameters of tail surfaces
13. Loading, design and construction of tail surfaces
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. - 3. Excursion to the Aircraft museum in Kbely with presentation of aircraft structure history
4. - 5. Design practice of wing structure elements - airfoils, spars,longerons, ribs, covers, attachements, ailerons, high lift and drag systems
6. Design practice of fuselage structure elements - longitudinal system, frames, covers, fillets, crew and payload stations, wing, tail surface and powerplant attachements
7. Design practice of tail surface structure elements - airfoils, spars,longerons, ribs, covers, fasteners, elevators, ruders
8. - 9. Wing loading - maneuver, gust, flap, unsymetrical and others cases
10. - 11. Fuselage loading - flight, ground and others cases
12. - 13. Tail surface loading - balanced, maneuver, gust and other cases
- Study Objective:
Obtain basic overview of historical data in development of aircraft technology and its categorisation. Learn drawing philosophies and the role fo aerospace regulations forming them, get aquainted with procedure for stating aerospace construction load and the influence of mass distribution on it, especially with the basic stages of development in designing and developing aircrafts. Understand ways to construct an airframe and understand the construction technologicyl requirements to secure the necessary technology of the construction.
To provide principal survey of layout, geometric, mass and aerodynamic characteristic, loading and constructions of fundamental airframe units ? wing, fuselage, tail unit and landing gear.
- Study materials:
-D. Stinton: The Anatomy of The Aeroplane, Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford 1989, ISBN 0-632-01876-3E.
-Torenbeek: Synthesis of Subsonic Airplane Design, Kluwer Academis Publishers, Delft 1982, ISBN 90-247-2724-3
-D. P. Raymer: Aircraft Design: A Conceptual Approach, AIAA Education Series, Washington 1989
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: