Management and Administration in Healthcare
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Health Care Disciplines and Population Protection
Getting to know the structure of the health sector and financing models Health. Zoom administrative management issues various types of medical workplaces, their necessary interconnection.
Orientation in the specific features of health facilities
and European systems of health care workplaces.
100% participation in lectures,
demonstration of the knowledge mastered by a written test.
- Syllabus of lectures:
Syllabus of lectures:
1st Health system in the CR
- Health system in the CR
- Health care - demographic trends, trends in health status of populations, the economic environment
- The need for strategic management of health facilities
- Types of health care (acute, postakutní, chronic, follow) - Health care outpatient, institutional, domestic ...
- The issue of continuity of health care (for example, rehabilitative care)
/ spinal unit neurorehabilitace /, promote new concepts of care, examples from abroad - neurorehabilitační care, continuity of care from an economic perspective, the system of primary and secondary prevention - Social care
2nd Economics of health facilities
- Economy - basic concepts
- Cost of health care facilities
- Cost optimization
- The timing and preparation of investment
- Call Management
3rd Workers in health care, personnel management
- Legislative framework (424/2004 Coll. The activities of health workers and other professional staff)
- Types of workers in health
- Personnel management - leadership, motivation, teamwork, pay healthcare
- Team work in medical facilities
- Issues of cooperation between the professions, communication
4th Strategy medical facilities
- Strategic Management
- Creation Strategy
- Strategic Operations
5th The patient and his rights, worker health and rights
- Legislative framework (Law No. 20/1966 Coll. For Public Health, Criminal Law 140/1961 Coll.
- Ethical codes - CLK Code of Ethics Code of paramedical personnel fields
- Act No. 48/1997 Coll. Public health insurance
- Human rights and patients' rights
- Legal disputes in health care - the most frequent causes, types of disputes, the possibility of Defense
6th Quality of care, optimizing the work in the medical device
- Quality management systems (ISO, Total Quality Management)- Accreditation of health facilities
- Quality of patient eyes
- Multidisciplinary team care x classic method
- Communication - between departments, between jobs, between different levels of staff
- Use of IT
- Performance standards and requirements of health insurance
7th Effectiveness and efficiency of health care
- Continuity of Care
- Multidisciplinary team care, and consult with the examination
- Economic aspects - costs and effectiveness of health care - Benchmarking
- Evidence based medicine
- Ethical aspects, palliative care
8th Administration medical facilities, information technology in health care
- Administration between medical devices, medical equipment - insurance, internal administration of the medical equipment
- Access medical records, patient rights in relation to health documentation, storage of medical records
- IZIP (the concept, advantages, disadvantages, experiences from abroad)
Each topic will be devoted to teaching 3 hours.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
To introduce basic structure of health care service and their basic duties, complexity of these duties (from medical and technical to social), sometime is district hospital the biggest employer in this district. This brings to hospital higher social position.
- Study materials:
Materials available in the Faculty Library:
HUNTER, David J. Managing for health. New York: Routledge, 2007. ISBN 9780415363440.
BERKOWITZ, Eric N. Essentials of health care marketing. 3rd ed. Sudbury, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning, c2011. ISBN 9780763783334.
CLOW, Kenneth E. a Donald. BAACK. Cases in marketing management. Thousand Oaks, Calif.: SAGE, c2012. ISBN 9781412996037.
Barr, J., Dowding, L.: Leadership in Health Care. Sage Publications Ltd., London, 304 pp., ISBN 978-1-4462-0762-8
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Biomedical Technician - full time study in English (compulsory course)