- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Health Care Disciplines and Population Protection
The course gives a brief overview of the main principles and procedures for providing urgent first aid, with special attention to the failure of vital functions and immediately life-threatening conditions. In this course are also included situations of mass disability during crisis situations and emergency events including the CBRN phenomenon. After successful completion of this course students should be able to diagnose life threatening conditions and provide adequate urgent first aid.
Conditions of classified credit:
90% participation in exercises (long term absence will be addressed individually),
demonstration of practical skills acquired during practical training in exercises:
- first part of the grade of the classified credit is formed by a successful completion of a model situation (safe approach to the effected person, evaluation of his condition and correct examination of his health condition with application of first aid performed by a laymen) - 1/3 of the grade.
- second part of the grade of the classified credit is formed by completion of Multiple Choice written test - min. 70% of correct answers - 2/3 of the grade,
test range - topics of lectures and compulsory literature.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Basic human physiological values, their measurement end evaluation. Basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation - examination of the unconscious affected person, checking vital functions, airway patency, monitoring the state of the affected person, information recording,
2. Basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation - CPR performed by one and two rescuers in adults and children; Automated external defibrillator, external defibrillation,
3. Bandaging materials; bandaging techniques. Urgent aid for acute bleeding, the use of a tourniquet,
4. Shock - recognition of shock types, ant-shock measures; chest pain, differential diagnosis, first aid,
5. Acute dyspnea conditions - asthma attack, severe allergic reaction, pulmonary embolism,
6. First aid for musculoskeletal injuries - sprains, dislocations, fractures (open and closed), fixation, manipulation with affected person; chest and abdomen injuries (open, closed) principles of first aid, manipulation with the wounded,
7. Credit during the exercise - examination of knowledge from the lectures (oral or written), - practical training of the lectured procedures and skills.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation - vital functions, their failures; call for professional help, communication with the control center; procedure after the arrival of professional help,
2. Basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation - cardiopulmonary resuscitation of children; the use of automated external defibrillation,
3. Shock - types of shock, anti-shock measures,
4. Bleeding (arterial, venous, capillary, internal), stopping bleeding,
5. Thermal trauma, electric shock injuries, chemical trauma,
6. Non-traumatic urgent conditions,
7. Procedure with large number of wounded, CBRN, transport techniques.
- Study Objective:
Goal of this course is to acquire basic knowledge in the field of providing lay and professional prehospital urgent care in the extent necessary for practical use in daily life.
- Study materials:
1.THYGERSON, A. et al. First Aid, CPR, and AED. 6. vyd. Sudbury: Jones & Batlett Learning, 2012, 490 s. ISBN 978-1-4496-3505-3.
2.AUSTIN, M. et al. First Aid Manual. 10. vyd. London: Dorling Kindersley Limited, 2014, 288 s. ISBN 978-1-4093-4200-7.
3.EUROPEAN RESUSCITATION COUNCIL. ERC Guidelines for Resuscitation 2015, 2015, Available from: http://www.cprguidelines.eu
4.BYDŽOVSKÝ Jan. Předlékařská první pomoc. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2011. 117s. ISBN 978-80-247-2334-1
5.LEJSEK, Jan a kol. První pomoc. 2. přeprac. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 2013. 271s. ISBN 978-80-246-2090-9
6.POKORNÝ J. et al. Lékařská první pomoc. 2. dopl. a přeprac. vyd. Praha: Galén, 2010. 474s. ISBN 978-80-7262-322-8
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Biomedical Technician - full time study (compulsory course)