Application of Statistical Methods
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Mathematics
The course focuses on applications of selected methods of statistical data analysis to concrete problems including their solutions using statistical software. Namely we will deal with: hypotheses tests about parameters of normal distribution, nonparametric methods, contingency tables, linear regression and correlation, analysis of variance.
Basic course of Calculus and Probability (in the extent of the courses 01MAB3, 01MAB4 and 01PRST held at the FNSPE CTU in Prague).
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Hypothesis tests about parameters of normal distribution.
2. Goodnes-of-fit tests.
3. Nonparametric tests - sign and rank tests, Wilcoxon test, Kruskal-Wallis test.
4. Contingency tables - tests of independence and homogeneity, McNemar's test.
5. Linear regression and correlation.
6. One-way and two-way analysis of variance.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
Basic statistical procedures for data analysis and data visualization.
Application of theoretically studied statistical procedures to practical problems of data analysis including use of these methods on computer in the MATLAB environment.
- Study materials:
 Shao, Jun: Mathematical Statistics, Springer, New York 1999
 J.P. Marques de Sá: Applied statistics using SPSS, STATISTICA, MATLAB and R, Springer, 2007.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Matematické inženýrství (elective course)
- Matematická informatika (elective course)