Bachelor Practicum in Dosimetry of Ionizing Radiation
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Dosimetry and Application of Ionizing Radiation
The curriculum comprises collection of the most important exercises in Dosimetry. It enables student?s familiarization with physical parameters and constants, supports competency in measuring dosimetric parameters and provides information concerning preferred methods for ionizing radiation measurement results processing. It is a tool for introducing students to the practical aspects of scientific research work.
The duration of each single task is 4 hours, followed by results processing. Work protocol is not required, however what is expected is active participation in selection of alternative solution methods, requiring complex application of theoretical knowledge.
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Rentgenfluorescent analysis
2. Laboratory gamma spectrometry
3. Utilization of the solid state detectors in dosimetry
4. Spectrometry LET
5. Verification of the calibration constant of the ionizing chamber
6. Thermo luminescent dosimetry.
7. Measurement of the scintillation materials
8. Diffusion coefficient of radon determination
9. Radon diagnostics
10. Calibration of the electronic dosimeters
11. Surface contamination
12. Internal contamination, all-body detector
13. Environmental impact process
- Study Objective:
Awareness expansion of measurement methods, measured parameters, processing and interpretation of measurement results, calibration procedures in radiation protection.
Manipulation with ionization radiation sources, test equipment and devices for measuring ionizing radiation.
- Study materials:
 Gerndt, J.: Detectors of ionizing radiation. ČVUT 1995. (in Czech)
 IAEA (2003): Guidelines for radioelement mapping using gamma-ray spectrometry data. IAEA-TECDOC-1363, IAEA, Vienna.
 Knoll, G.F.: Radiation Detection and Measurement. John Wiley and Sons, Inc. Third edition. USA 1999.
 Meloun, M., Militký, J.: Statistical process of the experimental data.ARS Magna 1998. (in Czech)
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: