Nuclear Technology Devices
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Dosimetry and Application of Ionizing Radiation
Basic scheme of nuclear reactor and nuclear power plant, chain fission reaction development, factors influencing reactivity, internal fuel cycle, main components of nuclear energetic reactor, most important reactor types, linear high-voltage accelerators, linear high-frequency accelerators, accelerators based on cyclotron, microtron, betatron, electron and proton synchrotrons, electron and ion sources for accelerators, targets.
Knowledge of Basic nuclear physics, dosimery an detection of ionizing radiation.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Nuclear power, types of reactors used in NPP
2. Basic principle of nuclear reactors, chain reaction
3. Neutron balance of reactor
4. Reactivity balance, fuel cycle
5. Spent fuel
6. Monitoring in NPP, environmental impact assessment of NPP
7. Future of Nuclear Energy, Nuclear Fusion
8. Type of accelerators,
9. Particle dynamics
10. Linear accelerator
11. Cyclotron, betatron, microtron
12. Electron and proton synchrotron
13. Electron a ion sources, targets
14. Application of Accelerators
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
Obtaining the knowledges about the fundamentals and types of nuclear reactors and accelerators and related problems of radiation protection.
Gaining knowledge about the principles and types of nuclear reactors and accelerators, with their use and the principles of radiation protection associated with their operation.
- Study materials:
 L. Sklenka: Provozní reaktorová technika, ČVUT 2001
 S. Humphries: Principles of Charge Particle Acceleration, John Wiley and Sons 1999
 H. Wiedemann: Particle Accelerator Physics, Springer Verlag Berlin 1999
 F. Click, J. Daliba, Nuclear Energy, Technical University 2002
Carny, P., The EU Este, User Guide, Trnava 2008
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: