- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Fluid Dynamics and Thermodynamics
Subject covers fundamental knowledge in thermodynamics, heat tranfer and gas dynamics
Mathematics: Calculus with more variables
Physics: Conservation laws, concepts involving energy, work and power
- Syllabus of lectures:
Fundamental concepts and laws of thermodynamics. Processes in ideal gases and vapours. Phase change.
Mixtures of ideal gases. Psychrometry. Heat transfer by conduction, convection and radiation. Heat exchangers. One-dimensional isentropic compressible flow. Cycles in engineering application.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1.Fundamental concepts and laws of thermodynamics. Basic quantities of state. Equation of state of an ideal gas.
2. The First Law of Thermodynamics- heat, work, internal energy, enthalpy. The Second Law of thermodynamics, entropy.
3. Reversible and irreversible processes of ideal gases. Phase change.
4. Mixtures of ideal gases. Van der Waals model. The thermodynamics of vapour. Vapour tables and diagrams. The Clausius-Clapeyron Equation.
5.Thermodynamic processes in vapours.
6.Cycles in engineering application.
7. Psychrometry. Thermodynamics of humid air. Definitive quantities, tables, diagram.
8. Heat transfer by conduction, one-dimensional problems
9. Heat transfer by convection; The Similarity Theory in heat convection.
10. Heat transfer by radiation. The basic laws and applications.
11. Heat exchangers. Overall heat transfer, the mean temperature logarithmic gradient.
12. One-dimensional isentropic compressible flow. Basic equations, Mach number. Isentropic flow.
13. Compressible flow through nozzles and diffusers. Laval nozzle - Aerodynamic choking, critical outflow.
14. Normal shock wave equations. Laval nozzle - subsonic flow and choking.
- Study Objective:
Student should learn the fundamental concepts, laws and approaches in thermodynamics, heat transfer and gas dynamics
- Study materials:
M.Jílek: Thermomechanics, CTU Prague, 2006
M.Jílek: Exercises and Labs in Thermomechanics, CTU Prague, 2007
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: