Physics of Non-metallic Materials
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Materials Engineering
Polymers. Molecular and supermolecular structure. Molar mass and its distribution. Crystallization. Glass transition and melting. Polymer blends. Elasticity and visco-elasticity. Mechanisms of plastic deformation. Time-temperature superposition. Thermal, light and chemical degradation. Thermal, optical and electrical properties. Fracture behaviour. Ceramics. Atomic bonding, crystal structures, polymorphism. Sintering and porosity, grain size and glass phase. Electrical and thermal properties, internal stresses, thermal shock resistance. Geometrical aspects of dislocation motion. Brittle behaviour and toughening. Strength and Weibull statistics. Influence of powder characteristics and densification processes on microstructure and mechanical properties. Friction and wear. Composites. Polymer and ceramics matrices. Structural and mechanical characteristics of reinforcements. Adhesion reinforcement - matrix, properties of interphase. Directional dependences of physical and mechanical properties. Damage of composite structures. Theory of nanocomposites with polymer matrix.
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1. Young,R.J. - Lovell,P.A.: Introduction to Polymers, Chapman&Hall 1994,ISBN 0412306409.
2. Richerson,D.W.: Modern Ceramic Engineering, Marcel Dekker 1992, ISBN 082478634-3.
3. Engineered Materials Handbook, Vol. 1 Composites, ASM International 1987, ISBN 0871702797.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: