- Department of Air Transport
Composition, size and vertical structure of the atmosphere. QNH, QFE, QFF, QNE, density and height measurements. Wind, turbulence, jet streams and standing waves. Moisture adiabatic processes. Creating and types of cloud, fog, haze. Precipitation. Types of air masses, frontal interface. Distribution of pressure, cyclones, anticyclones, non-frontal cyclone.
Physical processes in fluids and liquids, relation between temperature, pressure and cubature, geography.
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
Introduce students of study to the basic processes in the atmosphere that affect an origination and development of weather, with a focus on phenomena that may affect the safety of flight operations. Ensure university experts prepared to work with the airlines.
- Study materials:
Učební texty ATPL Meteorologie, CERM, Brno 2002
Oxford / Jeppesen Theoretical Knowledge Manual „Meteorology“ (Teorie ATPL)
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- PIL bak.prez.16/17 (compulsory course)
- PIL bak.prez.17/18 (compulsory course)
- PIL bak.prez.18/19 (compulsory course)
- PIL bak.prez.19/20 (compulsory course)
- PIL bak.prez.20/21 (compulsory course)
- PIL bak.prez.20/21 (skok do 3.r.) (compulsory course)
- PIL bak.prez.20/21 (skok ze 2. do 3.ročníku) (compulsory course)
- PIL bak.prez.21/22 (obor - skok do 3.r.) (compulsory course)