Information Technology and Telemedicine
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Information and Communication Technology in Medicine
Computer history, structure of computers, motherboard, processors, memody, graphical card, computer buses, BIOS, I/O devices, server, desktop, notebook, pocket PC, data storage, mobile devices, memory card, OS, tasks and memory management, printers scanner, multimedial devices, mass data storage, multitasking, multiprocessoring, set of instruction, assembler, programming languages, power test, network, LAN, WAN, interner, TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP etc., client-server, gate, router, using IT in medicine and telemedicine.
Solved and documented individual exercise.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Instroduction. History of Computer Technology. Structure of computers (processor, main memory, bus, periphery). Desktop, server, notebook, pocket PC etc.
2. Motherboard - Northbridge a Southbridge, buses (ISA, PCI, PCI Express, IDE, ATA, SCSI), BIOS.
3. I/O devices I - disk drives, data storage, system loading, keyboard, mouse
4. I/O devices II - CRT, LCD, audio card, I/O ports (USB, FireWire, RS232, parallel port, game port), network card, modem, UPS
5. I/O devices III - printers, scanners, multimedia devices, mass storage devices, memory card, card reader
6. Pocket PC - mobile signal acquirement, data processing, data transmission, wireless communication, protocols - IrDA, Bluetooth, WiFi, GSM/GPRS.
7. Operation system, operation system core, multitasking, multiprocessoring, process management.
8. Instruction set, instruction types, assembler, high-level programming languages, compilation, interpreter. Memory management.
9. Computer tests. Cooling.
10. Computer network - history, LAN, WAN, OSI model, network hardware
11. Internet I - history, browser, net standards, TCP/IP
12. Internet II - protocols, addressing, internetworking, gate, router
13. Internet III - server, client-server, TCP/IP, http, FTP, TELNET, DHCP etc.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
Familiarized with definition computer, computer peripherals, computer network etc. Acquiring knowledge about computer history and using information technology in medicine and telemedicine.
- Study materials:
 White, R.: How Computers Work, 9th Edition, Pearson Education, Inc., 2007, ISBN 978-0789736130
 Minasi, M.: The Complete PC Upgrade and Maintenance Guide, 16th Edition, Sybex, Inc., 2005, ISBN 978-0782144314
 A. C. Norris: Essentials of Telemedicine and Telecare. Wiley (January 28, 2002), ISBN-10: 0471531510.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Biomedical Technician - full time study in English (compulsory course)