ITS - R
- Enrollement in the course requires an successful completion of the following courses:
- Modern techniques of safety control of moving railway vehicles (20MZZ)
- Martin Leso
- Martin Leso
- Department of Transport Telematics
The introduction is devoted to description of the architecture and interface of the system with the ITS-R concept, the communication interface of the system, principles of ensuring functional and security features are defined. The principles of ERTMS / ETCS application level 3, UGTMS, CBTC are discussed in detail. Current and future communication technologies are described.
Knowledge of ERTMS / ETCS, principles of rail transport security
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
Introducing the students with the possibilities and benefits of the railway traffic management solutions using the principles of intelligent transport systems. Students will get an overview of how to apply new ERTMS / ETCS application level 3, CBTC, and UGTMS.
- Study materials:
ETCS for Engineers, Peter Stanley, ISBN: 3777104167
Compendium on ERTMS: European Rail Traffic Management Systém, Harald Resinger, ISBN: 3777103969
Set of specifications (ETCS baseline and GSM-R ).
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: