Drinking Water Management
- Department of Sanitary and Ecological Engineering
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Water supply in the Czech Republic, in Prague.
2. Water supply in the countries / in regions from them the students come. - Assignment of student work.
3. Water demand, disproportion in water demand, leakage of water.
4. Groundwater. Collection of water. Types of wells.
5. Surface water. Lake intakes. River intakes.
6. Storage Necessary. Pressure zones.
7. Pumps and pumping stations
8. Distribution of water.
9. Design of water distribution systems.
10. Hardy Cross Method of Analysis of flow in a pipe network.
11. Quality of water supplies
12. Water treatment plant
13. Materials of pipe system.
14. Construction and maintenance of distribution systems
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1. R. K. Linsley, J.B. Franzini: Water-Resources Engineering, McGraw-Hill Book Company, New York
2. E.W.Steel, T.J.McGhee: Water Supply and Sewage, fifth edition, McGraw-Hill International Edition
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: