Advanced Methods of Digital Signal Processing and Filtering
|XP32IATA||ZK||4||2P + 2C||Czech|
- Pavel Zahradník (guarantor)
- Pavel Zahradník (guarantor)
- Department of Telecommunications Engineering
This subject makes the students familiar with selected topics in the digital signal and image processing and digital filtering.
Knowledge of the digital signal processing in the standard extent: Sanjit K. Mitra, Digital Signal Processing 4th Edition. McGraw-Hill, 2010, ISBN-10: 0073380490
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Introduction to elliptic functions and equiripple approximating functions
2. Approximation and analytical design of optimal narrow-band FIR filters
3. Approximation and analytical design of optimal narrow-band FIR filters - cont.
4. Approximation and analytical design of optimal comb FIR filters
5. Approximation and analytical design of optimal low-pass FIR filters
6. Approximation and analytical design of optimal Hilbert transformer, integrator, differentiator
7. Implementation of optimal FIR filters
8. Representation of 2D signals in spatial domain, sampling, reconstruction
9. Representation of 2D signals in transformed domain
10. Design of 2D FIR filters, transformation methods
11. Design of 2D FIR filters, other methods
12. Implementation of 2D FIR filters
13. Transformations DCT, KLT, DWT, 1D and 2D, continuous and discrete versions
14. Applications of the above transformations in the digital image processing and their sequences
- Syllabus of tutorials:
Syllabus of exercises mirrors the syllabus of lectures.
- Study Objective:
The goal of the study is to get familiar with selected topics in the digital signal processing and with digital filtering.
- Study materials:
M. Vlcek, R. Unbehauen, Zolotarev Polynomials and Optimal FIR Filters, IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, Vol. 47, No.3, March 1999, pp. 717-729.
P. Zahradnik, M. Vlcek, Fast Analytical Design Algorithms for FIR Notch Filters, IEEE Transactions Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, Vol. 51, Issue 3, March 2004, pp. 608-623.
P. Zahradnik, M. Vlcek, An Analytical Procedure for Critical Frequency Tuning of FIR Filters. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II. Jan. 2006, Vol. 53, No. 1, pp. 72-76.
P. Zahradnik, M. Susta, M. Vlcek, B. Simak, Degree of Equiripple Narrow Band-Pass FIR Filters. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, Aug. 2015, Vol. 62, No. 8, pp. 771-775.
P. Zahradnik, M. Vlcek, Analytical Design Method for Optimal Equiripple Comb FIR Filters, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, Vol.52, No.2, Feb. 2005, pp.112-115.
P. Zahradnik, M. Vlcek, R. Unbehauen, Design of Optimal Comb FIR Filters-Speed and Robustness. IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Vol. 16, No. 6, June 2009, pp. 465-468.
P. Zahradnik, M. Vlcek, Note on the Design of an Equiripple DC-Notch FIR Filter, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, Vol. 54, No. 2, Feb. 2007, pp. 196-199.
P. Zahradnik, M. Vlcek, Perfect Decomposition Narrow-Band FIR Filter Banks, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, Vol. 59, No. 59, Nov. 2012, pp. 805-809.
P. Zahradnik, M. Susta, B. Simak, M. Vlcek, Cascade Structure of Narrow Equiripple Band-pass FIR Filters, IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems-II, Vol. 64, No. 4, April 2017, pp. 407-411.
P. Zahradnik, Equiripple Approximation of Low-pass FIR Filters, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems-II, Vol. 65, Iss. 4, April 2018, pp. 526-530, DOI: 10.1109/TCSII.2017.2776247.
P. L. Chebyshev, Theory of mechanisms known as parallelograms, Proceedings of the St.Peterburg Academy of Sciences, 7, 1854, 539-568. In French.
E. I. Zolotarev, Applications of elliptic functions to problems of functions deviating least and most from zero. Proceedings of the St.-Peterburg Academy of Sciences, XXX, No. 5, 1877, pp. 1-59, in Russian.
C. G. I. Iacobi, New Fundaments of elliptic functions, Regiomonti Sumtibus Fratrum Borntraeger, 1829, in Latin.
K. S. Thyagarajan, Still Image and Video Compression with MATLAB, Wiley-IEEE Press 2010, ISBN: 978-0-470-48416-6.
M. Vetterli, J. Kovacevic, V. K. Goyal, Fourier and Wavelet Signal Processing, Cambridge University Press 2014, ISBN: 9781107038608
- Further information:
- T. B. D.
- Time-table for winter semester 2019/2020:
- Time-table is not available yet
- Time-table for summer semester 2019/2020:
Mon Tue FriroomT2:B3-812a
- The course is a part of the following study plans: