Refrigertion and heat pumps
- Department of Energy Engineering
The subject is an introduction to the refrigeration technology and the heat pumps with the following thematic areas:
• Fundamentals of thermodynamics. Classification of cycles.
• Single-stage vapour cycle: basic form, basic processes.
• Converting of unit’s parameters to other working conditions.
• Improvement of the Rankin cycle‘s parameters.
• Classification of multistage cycles, cascade cycles.
• Refrigerants: classification, nomenclature, legislation.
• Sorption cycles: classification, thermodynamic fundaments of multicomponent systems, absorption cycles LiBr-H20 - basic form, basic processes.
• Heat pumps: heating and hot tap water.
• Heat sources for HP
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
Materials supplied by the lecturer.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: