Air Protection Technology
- Department of Energy Engineering
Legislation framework of air protection, Law od Air Protection, emission limits, EU directives LCP and MCP. Characteristics of main pollutants. Mechanisms of formation of pollutants from a fuel thermochemical conversion. Methods of lowering of pollutant emissions, technologies of exhaust gas cleaning.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Fundamentals: emission, imission, emission limit, emission threshold; types of pollutants, categories of pollutant sources. Air protection institutions.
2. Folow up – other legislation, environmental impact assessment.
3. Emission limit, concentrations of pollutants, recalculations. Characteristics of fuel composition. Requirements on fuel quality, specific sulfur content. Emission limits for waste incineration, waste-to-energy plant.
4. Special emissions - PAH and PCDD/F. Requirements for emission measurement, on-demand and continuous measurement.
5. Formation of main pollutants - CO, NOx a SO2.
6. Analysis of pollutants – extraction and sample treatment
7. Measurement of oxygen concentration, flue gas moisture.
8. Analysis of CO, CO2 and NOx.
9. Analysis SO2, TOC and particulate matter.
10. Sulfur in solid fuel, S removal from a fuel, formation of SO2. FGD technologies.
11. Other SO2 removal techniques, regenerative and combined systems.
12. NOx removal
13. CCS technologies
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: