Improvement of Manufacturing Processes
- Department of Machining, Process Planning and Metrology
Subject, content, division and tasks of a Manufacturing methods improvement. Rationalization study in the manufacturing processes. Manufacturing processes and operations analysis. Time structure of a Production. Photography of the working day. Work sampling studies. Time study. Time measurement variability. Improvment of operations elements and working conditions optimization. Computer aided methods in the manufacturing improvement and mathematical methods usually used in these areas. Job analysis. Motion study MTM, WF and others. Sequence motion study. Maynard operation sequence technique. Basic MOST method. Multiservice in a machine operation project. Improvement in service processes of the Production (heat treatment, inspection, transportation, interoperation and operation handling of material, storage and stock optimization). Computer aided Process and Systems Planning.
Knowledges of technology of cutting metals, machining and assembly, and production methods of raw materials and design of drawings and process planning sheets.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Manufacturing methods improvement aims , objects and main streams. Basic of the subject, division and classification. Subsystems of time consumption classification (man, machine, material). Basic on the „rationalization“ studies.
2. Methods of a time consumption and standard time determination. Performance rating.
3. Time study.Technical devices and accessories for the time study.Time measurement variability. Time study requierements and equipment. Observations and time measurement, analysis and evaluation.
4. Work day analysis.Work sampling studies and it´s applications.
5. Motion study. Division. Application of MTM methods. Sequence motion study. Maynard operation sequence technique. Basic MOST. Racionalization TPV by software. VSM.
6. Systematic Handling Analysis in the Manufacturing. Horizontal systém structure of logistic control. Logistical connections on manufacturing methods improvement (process charts). KAN BAN and Just-in-Time strategies.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Exercise of standard time classification system from point of view working economy.
2. Manufacturing process and working operations analysis. Action level.
3. Introduction to application of the software ORTIM for the time study.
4. Stopwatch Time Measurement. Time study of operation. Evaluation.
5. Stadard time and lost of time, and it ´s classification.
6. Photography of the working day of an indivindual workplace (NC Milling Machine).
7. Work sampling studies, theory, preparation and evaluation (workshop).
8. Multimachine service of several NC Machine Tools.
9. Manufacturing process and working operations analysis. Motion (movement) level.
10. Methods Time Measurement (MTM 1, MTM 2) and motion sequence study (Basic MOST) application.
11. Test of knowledges and it´s evaluation.
12. Handling of material workshop project. Calculation of storage.
13. Application of the software ORTIM for investigation time values in the operation and during working houres. Handover all task papers, assessment.
- Study Objective:
There is a main aim to learn students modern methodology of improvement manufacturing processes and it´s design including economic optimal choice of raw material and its production including to make better project of these workplaces and systems.
- Study materials:
- Niebel,B.: Motion and Time Study, 11-th edition, R.D.IRWIN,Inc. Homewood, Illinois 1992
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: