Economy of Power Industry
- Tomáš Králík (guarantor), Oldřich Starý (guarantor), Jiří Vašíček
- Tomáš Králík (guarantor), Lukáš Janota, Jiří Vašíček
- Department of Economics, Management and Humanities
Fundamentals of financing of power companies. Cost structure of power generation and distribution. Prices and tariff systems for power, heat and gas production and distribution. Examples of economic evaluation and investment appraisal of the typical project in power sector. Renewable energy sources, externalities. Energy policy and energy law in CR. Liberalization and power market development.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1.Types of business enterprise at power sector in CR.
2.Revenues, costs, profit.
3.Accounting statements - balance sheet, profit and loss account, cash flow.
4.Criterion of evaluation of investment at the power systems.
5.Cost of productions of electrical energy, marginal costs.
6.Cost of transmission and distribution of electrical energy.
7.Economic evaluation of energy saving and heating.
8.Regulation of power sector, methods price regulation
9.Prices and cost at the power systems, tariff systems.
10.Problems of electricity market, producer and customer.
11.Ecology and Power industry, Renewable energy sousrces
12.Heats, structure of industry, costing and pricing
13.Energy policy in Czech republic, and the economical consequences.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1.Business enterprises at power sector at the Czech Republic.
2.Cost structure at power systems, accounting at power systems - examples.
3.Balance sheet and profit and loss account, cash flow statement.
4.Financing sources for power sector and their evaluation.
5.Evaluation techniques of investments.
6.Evaluation of investment at the power systems - examples.
7.Marginal cost of different power stations.
8.Costs of distribution of electrical energy.
9.Economical evaluation of energy saving equipments, energy auditing.
10.Renewable energy sources - economic evaluation.
12.Economical evaluation of cogeneration.
13.Financial analysis of power companies.
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1. Ferdinand E.Banks.:Energy Economics: A Modern Introduction, Kluwer Academic, Publishers, 2007
2.Sioshansi, F.P.: Competitive Electricity Markets: Design, Implementation, Performance. Elsevier Ltd., 2008.
3. Beggs, C., Energy: Management, Supply and Conservation, Taylor & Francis, 2012
4. Projected Costs of Generating Electricity, IEA, 2010, ISBN 978-92-64-08430-8
- Further information:
- Time-table for winter semester 2020/2021:
- Time-table is not available yet
- Time-table for summer semester 2020/2021:
Jugoslávských partyzánů 3
Jugoslávských partyzánů 3
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Electrical Drives (compulsory course in the program)
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Electrical Power Engineering (compulsory course in the program)
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Technological Systems (compulsory course in the program)
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Management of Power Eng. and Electr. (compulsory course in the program)