|BE2M32BTSA||Z,ZK||6||2P + 2L|
- Lukáš Vojtěch, Zdeněk Bečvář (guarantor), Zbyněk Kocur
- Zbyněk Kocur, Marek Neruda, Jan Plachý
- Department of Telecommunications Engineering
The lectures give overview of fundamental principles of wireless networks in various areas of their application. Students will understand architecture, principles and protocols used in different wireless technologies and learn how these technologies can be exploited in real world applications. The goal is to teach students how to solve problems related to deployment of wireless networks, their operation or development of wireless networks components.
Students must have fundamental knowledge of modulations, coding techniques and multiple access methods for wireless networks. Furthermore, they must understand to components of a communication chain, signal propagation and radio channel characteristics (attenuation, gain, interference, noise) and characteristics of spectrum and signals (mean value, energy, power, correlation, etc.).
- Syllabus of lectures:
1.Introduction to wireless networks, medium access
2.Routing in wireless sensor networks – metrics and protocols
3.RFID – basic principles & physical layer
4.RFID – evolution, technologies, communication chain
5.M2M/IoT - system design, operation and M2M/IoT protocols, Industry 4.0
6.Bluetooth – network topology, physical layer, data transmission and control
7.Wi-Fi – evolution, physical layer and network topology
8.Wi-Fi – medium access control and data transmission
9.IoT communication in mobile networks
10.LPWAN/LPN protocols for IoT – LoRa, Sigfox, etc.
11.Integration of wireless networks into TCP/IP environment
13.WiMAX – network topologies, data transmission and control
- Syllabus of tutorials:
2.Medium access methods
3.Wireless routing protocols
4.Introduction to labs – assignment and discussion about solutions and resources
5.LAB 1. – group A – V2X communication
6.LAB 1. – group B – V2X communication
7.LAB 2. – group A – Configuration and hacking of WiFi
8.LAB 2. – group B – Configuration and hacking of WiFi
9.LAB 3. – group A – Evaluation of NB-IoT operating parameters
10.LAB 3. – group B – Evaluation of NB-IoT operating parameters
11.LAB 4. – group A – LoRaWAN Telecommunication Chain
13.LAB 4. – group B – LoRaWAN Telecommunication Chain
14.Assessment, lab replacement
- Study Objective:
The goal is to teach students how to solve problems related to deployment of wireless networks, their operation or development of wireless networks components.
- Study materials:
 H.Y. Wei, J. Rykowski, S. Dixit, „ WiFi, WiMAX and LTE Multi-hop Mesh Networks: Basic Communication Protocols and Application Areas,“ Wiley, 2013.
 W.W. Dargie, C. Poellabauer, „Fundamentals of Wireless Sensor Networks: Theory and Practice,“ Wiley, 2010.
 Kevin Townsend, C. Cufí, Akiba, R. Davidson, „Getting Started with Bluetooth Low Energy: Tools and Techniques for Low-Power Networking,“ O'Reilly Media, 2014.
 V. Coskun, K. Ok, B. Ozdenizci, „Near Field Communication (NFC): From Theory to Practice,“ Wiley 2012.
 K. Finkenzeller, D. Muller, RFID Handbook: Fundamentals and Applications in Contactless Smart Cards, Radio Frequency Identification and Near-Field Communication, 3rd Edition", Wiley 2010.
- Time-table for winter semester 2019/2020:
- Time-table is not available yet
- Time-table for summer semester 2019/2020:
Fri Thu Fri
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Electronics and Communications - Electronics (compulsory course in the program)
- Electronics and Communications - Audiovisual Technology and Signal Processing (compulsory course in the program)
- Electronics and Communications - Photonics (compulsory course in the program)
- Electronics and Communications - Technology of the Internet of Things (compulsory course in the program)
- Electronics and Communications - Communication Networks and Internet (compulsory course in the program)
- Electronics and Communications - Mobile Communications (compulsory course in the program)
- Electronics and Communications - Radio Systems (compulsory course in the program)