Fundamentals of Technology II.
- Pavel Zeman
- Lukáš Pelikán, Pavel Zeman
- Department of Machining, Process Planning and Metrology
Introduction to machining. Principle of cutting process. Working parameters. Cutting tools - general characteristics, geometry, designation and symbols. The basic machining processes, their mechanics, equipment, conditions, material removal rate determination. The shapes produced, commercial tolerance and surface finish obtained. Laboratories.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. General terms of machining - manufacturing process.
2. General terms - cutting tools.
3. Production conditions of machining.
4. Rotary surface machining - turning.
5. Plane surface machining - milling, shaping, planing.
6. Machining of bores - drilling, reaming, boring etc.
7. Broaching, material cutting, grinding.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Induction course, organization of laboratory works, safety standards, basic terminology of machining process.
2. Basic terminology of machining process - laboratory practice.
3. Basic terminology of machining process - cutting tools.
4. Real shop practice.
5. Real shop practice.
6. Real shop practice.
7. Credit test, submission of specifications, credit.
- Study Objective:
Knowledge of basic methods of the machining and a quiddity of the cutting process.
- Study materials:
Boothroyd, G., Knight, W. A. Fundamentals of Machining and Machine Tools. Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York and Basel, 1989
- Time-table for winter semester 2019/2020:
- Time-table is not available yet
- Time-table for summer semester 2019/2020:
Laboratoř TE2 12134roomT4:F3-5
Laboratoř TE2 12134
Fri Thu Fri
- The course is a part of the following study plans: