Project Management and Marketing
- Department of Measurement
Currently it is in enterprises carried out much of the work in the form of one-off projects. These projects are often a crucial part of the strategic management of the business. The aim of the project might be, for example, the rapid introduction of new products into production and its subsequent application in the market and helps to project management, and marketing.
Inclusion requirements : attendance, active participation, elaboration of complex term assignment (consisting of two parts - marketing and project) and its presentation.
Exam requirements :
1. Concept of business marketing, marketing substance, essential conceptions, marketing mix.
2. Marketing research of market and its core parts. Information and marketing.
3. Market segmentation, targeting and positioning.
4. Products and products policy, products' life cycle. Market position of products, methods of product market position assessment.
5. Price as a marketing category.
6. Marketing communication, company communication policy. Distribution and company distribution policy.
7. Typical features of projects, project management procedure, major issues, the idea of „triple imperative“, barriers for execution of the conditions of the „triple imperative“, project results.
8. Project planning, time planning tools, review of the methods of time planning, segmental diagrams, milestones, network diagram.
9. Hierarchical structure of the project activities, delimitation of targets and the scope of works, budget planning, evaluation of costs, the influence of limited resources.
10. Leadership of a project team.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Corporate marketing, the essence of marketing, basic concepts, marketing mix. Marketing research of the market and its key elements. Information in marketing.
2. Market segmentation, content, process and methods, targeting and positioning. Products and product policy, life cycle of the product. The market position of products, methods of determining the market position of products.
3. Price as a marketing category. Marketing communications and communication policy of the enterprise. The distribution and the distribution policy of the enterprise.
4. What is a project? The characteristics of the projects, project management process, typical problems. How to start a successful project? Questions of strategy, the process of preparing „design“.
5. The term „triple imperative“, obstacles to fulfilment of the conditions of „triple imperative“, the results of the project. Why and how the project plan?, what is planning, project planning, the elements of a project plan, the use of a computer program MS Project.
6. Scheduling tools, an overview of scheduling methods, line graphs, milestones, network charts. The hierarchical structure of the project activities, the definition of the objectives and scope of work, budget planning, cost estimation, project cost accounting system.
7. Effect of limited resources, resources, a compromise between time and cost, risk and the reserve, managing people to the project team.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Exercise - a simple project Solution for repeat use of the CPM methods.
2. Exercise - getting started with the program MS Project and a simple project solution using MS Project.
3. Exercise - the solution of a complex project using MS Project.
4. Exercise - the solution of a complex project using MS Project.
5. Exercise - the presentation of the term assignments.
6. Exercise - the presentation of the term assignments. Crediting.
- Study Objective:
The aim of the course is to deepen the knowledge in the field of project management, building on the knowledge of marketing and marketing management.
- Study materials:
1. Žáček, Vladimír: Průmyslový marketing. ČVUT v Praze, Česká technika - nakladatelství ČVUT, učební text, Praha 2010, ISBN 978-80-01-04492-6.
2. Rosenau, Milton D. Jr. Řízení projektů. Business books (Computer Press), Praha 2000, ISBN 80-7226-218-1.
1. KOTLER, Philip a Kevin Lane KELLER. Marketing management. 14. vyd. přeložil Tomáš JUPPA a Martin MACHEK. Grada Publishing, a.s., Praha 2013. ISBN 978-80-247-4150-5. 2. DOLEŽAL, Jan, Pavel MÁCHAL a Branislav LACKO. Projektový management podle IPMA. 2. aktualiz. a dopl. vyd. Grada Publishing a.s. Praha 2012. Expert (Grada). ISBN 978-80-247-4275-5.
- Time-table for winter semester 2019/2020:
Poč. učebna 12138
Poč. učebna 12138
- Time-table for summer semester 2019/2020:
- Time-table is not available yet
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Aerospace Engineering - study branch Avionics (compulsory course in the program)