Programing in PHP
- Department of Software Engineering
Main goal of the course is an introduction to PHP - language and technology.
Students will learn also best practices and will use tool that eases
development in PHP.
The course is recommended for students of BIE-WSI-WI.2015 branch of study
and do not have required knowledge to register for BIE-TWA.1. They should
register for this course in their 3rd semester of study.
Basic knowledge of Algorithmics is required as well as knowledge of
object-oriented programming to the extent taught in BIE-PA1 and BIE-PA2.
- Syllabus of lectures:
The course does not have lectures only exercises.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
01. Basic syntax, data types (except OOP)
02. Using IDE, debugging, workflow
03. Variables, constants, expressions and control structures
04. Functions, built-in functions (processing strings, regular expressions)
05. Built-in functions (working with data types, I/O)
06. Basics of OOP (class, interface, visibility, class loading)
07. Using OOP (inheritance, traits, type hinting, late static binding, comparison of object, de/serialization)
09. Error handling - errors and exceptions
10. Unit tests, integration tests (PHPUnit)
11. Project dependencies, automatic class loading, Composer; Code profiling
12. PHP7 new options
- Study Objective:
Student will gain a practical knowledge of programming in PHP language.
- Study materials:
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Bc. Branch Security and Information Technology, Presented in English, Version 2015 to 2020 (elective course)
- Bc. Branch WSI, Specialization Software Engineering, Presented in English, Version 2015-2020 (elective course)
- Bc. Branch Computer Science, Presented in English, Version 2015 to 2020 (elective course)