- Antonín Platil, Pavel Ripka (guarantor)
- Antonín Platil, Pavel Ripka (guarantor), Michal Janošek
- Department of Measurement
An overview of sensors of physical quantities used in industry and in research and methods of signal processing.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Sensor principles, basic parameters. MEMS.
2. Materials for sensors and their measurement. Modelling and design of sensors.
3. Precise magnetic sensors
4. Capacitance sensors
5. Methods for the suppression of uncertainties. Noise and its measurement.
6. Calibration and testing of sensors. Intelligent sensors.
7. Sensor signal processing: correlation methods, PSD, filtration and data fusion, tomographic methods.
8. Sensors of electric current.
9. Medical imaging. Sensors for medical diagnostics.
10. Sensor applications in automotive, aerospace and space technology. Navigation.
11. Security applications of sensors. Sensors for virtual reality.
12. Sensors for intelligent buildings and industry.
13. Measurement in geophysics and archeology.
14. Solving typical problems
- Syllabus of tutorials:
Students will assemble advanced measuring circuits for various sensors, measure the sensor characteristics and calculate the uncertainties. They will learn how to operate and program advanced measuring instruments. The following tasks are measured:
Semiconductor temperature sensor, AMR magnetic sensor, Remote temperature measurement, Correlation speed measurement, Thermocouple, Fluxgate magnetic sensor, Modulation and synchronous detection (measurement of strain), Measurement of pressure, Measurement of the liquid flow, Position measurement, Calibration of the ultrasound sensor using digital scope, Resolver, Humidity sensors, HART and analog processor, Measurement of ionizing radiation.
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
 Ripka, P., Tipek, A.(ed.): Modern Sensors Handbook, ISTE 2007 (20 pcs of the paperback version at CTU library: Master book on sensors editors P. Ripka and A. Tipek, ČVUT/BEN,2003).
 Fraden J.: Handbook of Modern Sensors. Springer 2004 (2 pcs at CTU library)
- Time-table for winter semester 2019/2020:
Tue Fri Thu Fri
- Time-table for summer semester 2019/2020:
Mon Tue FriroomT2:B3-61
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Cybernetics and Robotics - Cybernetics and Robotics (compulsory elective course)
- Cybernetics and Robotics - Robotics (compulsory elective course)
- Cybernetics and Robotics - Senzors and Instrumention (compulsory course of the specialization)
- Cybernetics and Robotics - Systems and Control (compulsory elective course)
- Cybernetics and Robotics - Aerospace Systems (compulsory elective course)