Macro and Microekonomics
- Alena Ambrožová, Helena Fialová (guarantor), Lubomír Lízal (guarantor)
- Alena Ambrožová, Miroslav Vítek
- Department of Economics, Management and Humanities
Basic economic terms, market, law of demand, law of supply, market equilibrium, price regulation, price and income elasticities, consumer's behavior, producer's behavior, cost, revenue, profit, market failure, monopoly, government macroeconomic policy, gross domestic product, multipliers, money, inflation, banking system, monetary policy, labor market, business cycle, fiscal policy, foreign trade policy, comparative advantage, CR and EU, Euro.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Economics. Basic terms.
2. Market. Demand and supply.
3. Demand and supply. Elasticities.
4. Consumer's behavior.
5. Producer's behavior. Cost and revenue.
6. Producer's behavior. Profit maximization.
7. Market failure. Monopoly, oligopoly, monopolistic competititon.
8. Principles of macroeconomics. Government economic policy. Theoretical concepts.
9. Gross domestic product - definition and computation.
10. Expenditures on gross domestic product.
11. Money. Inflation. Banking system. Monetary policy.
12. Labor market. Unemployment. Business cycle.
13. Fiscal policy. Government budget. Public debt.
14. Foreign trade policy. CR and European Union. Euro.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1.Basic economic terms, graphs.
2.Demand, supply, market.
5.Producer's behavior - production function.
6.Producer's behavior - cost.
7.Producer's behavior - revenue, profit in perfect competition, monopolistic profit.
8.International trade - absolute and comparative advantage.
9.Gross domestic product - definition.
10.Expenditures on gross domestic product.
11.Inflation, monetary policy of central bank, labour market.
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1.Fialova H., J. Jandera: Economics (handouts)
2. Frank R.H., B.S. Bernanke: Principles of Economics, McGraw-Hill, 3.Ed. 2005
3.Fialová, H., Fiala, J.: The Concise Dictionary of Economic Terms, A plus, Praha 2008
- Further information:
- Time-table for winter semester 2019/2020:
Fri Thu Fri
- Time-table for summer semester 2019/2020:
- Time-table is not available yet
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Applied Electrical Engineering 2016 (compulsory course in the program)
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Electrical Engineering and Management (compulsory course in the program)
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management (compulsory course in the program)