- Department of Physics
„Astrophysics“ follows up freely the standard lectures from physics. In relatively attractive area then student recapitulates the knowledge of some parts of the physics (mechanics, optics, relativity, quantum mechanics, radiation, differential and integral calculations). Students will become familiar with some numerical methods and some of them will take part in construction of the www pages.
Presence at the seminars and the students must obtain minimally 50% of available points in the final test.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. The star evolution. Hyashi line. HR diagram.
2. Final evolutionary stages. White dwarfs, neutron stars, black holes.
3. Spectral analysis. Doppler shift and others.
4. Variable stars. Cepheids. Novae and supernovae stars.
5. Solar system. Cosmic investigations. Kepler and Newtonian laws.
6. Inner and outer planets.
7. Nebulae, star clusters, Galaxy, galaxies.
8. Astronomical coordinates, measuring time and space.
9. Basics of optics. Fermat law, aberration.
10. Optic devices, telescopes, mirror construction technologies.
11. Cosmology. The Universe evolution. Friedman models. Relict radiation.
12. The origin of the Universe. Nucleosynthesis. Microwave background radiation.
13. The inflationary Universe. Theory of the interactions.
14. Structure of the Universe.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Newton gravitation law.
2. Numerical solution of the ordinary differential equations.
3. Energy and momentum conservation.
4. Types of rotation, rotation motions. Rotation of liquids, vortices.
5. Keplerian law.
6. Pogson equation.
7. Doppler phenomenon.
8. Astronomical coordinates. Measuring time.
9. Basics of optics, Fermat principle.
10. Metrics, measuring time and space, metric tensor.
11. Friedman models.
12. Elementary particles, Feynman diagrams construction.
13. Lorentz transformation.
14. Gravitational red shift, cosmological red shift, time dilatation. Comparison.
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1. Kulhánek P., and al.: http://www.aldebaran.cz/astrofyzika/, in Czech, some parts in English and Spanish,
2. J.A.Wheeler: At home in the Universe, American Institute of Physics, 1994
3. Peratt A.: Physics of the Plasma Universe, Springer-Verlag, 1991
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: