- Milan Polívka (guarantor), Karel Hoffmann, Přemysl Hudec
- Milan Polívka (guarantor), Viktor Adler, Karel Hoffmann, Přemysl Hudec
- Department of Electromagnetic Field
Subject is focused on the design of planar passive and active microwave circuits.
Basic knowledge of theory of electromagnetic field, theory of circuits, transmission lines and rf technique.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Planar and monolithic technologies
2. Coupled transmission lines
3. Directional couplers
4. Hybrid power dividers - Lange, branch line and Rat-race, de Ronde coupler
5. Power dividers
6. Microwave planar resonators and filters
7. Gain definitions, stability of microwave amplifiers
8. Low-noise and power amplifiers
9. Narrow and broadband amplifiers
10. Parameters of rf nonlinear circuits: noise, intermodulation, compression
11. Microwave diode oscilators
12. Transistor oscilators
13. Rf and microwave detectors and mixers
14. Diode and transistor multipliers, limiters
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1. K. Hoffmann, Aktivní mikrovlnné obvody, skripta, ČVUT FEL, 2003.
2. D. M. Pozar, Microwave Engineering, 3rd ed., John Wiley & Sons, 2005.
3. R. E. Collin, Foundations for Microwave Engineering, 2nd ed., Wiley-IEEE Press, 2000.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Electronics and Communications - Communication Systems and Networks (elective course)
- Electronics and Communications - Radio and Optical technology (compulsory course of the specialization)
- Electronics and Communications - Electronics (elective course)
- Electronics and Communications - Audiovisual Technology and Signal processing (elective course)