- Tomáš Čejka, Simona Buchovecká (guarantor)
- Tomáš Čejka, Simona Buchovecká (guarantor), Jiří Smítka
- Department of Information Security
The students will gain theoretical and practical experience with technologies and systems for detection of intrusions in large-scale high-speed networks. They will also learn basic concepts of statistical modeling of communication protocols. Students will also gain basic theoretical and practical skills required to perform realistic simulations of computer networks. They will also be introduced to basic psychological aspects of network security and the role of the human factor in attacks on information systems.
Basic general knowledge about the functioning of computer networks and systems. Basics from probability and statistics. Programming in any computer language.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Selected network protocols and their security aspects.
2. Basic cryptography for protection of communication protocols.
3. Technical and sociological methods of attacks on information networks and systems.
4. Technologies and systems for detection and prevention of network intrusions.
5. Monitoring of network traffic in high-speed networks.
6. Basic probabilistic aspects of modeling large-scale high-speed networks.
7. Realistic simulations of information networks.
8. Statistical methods for detection of network intrusions.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
The goal of the course is to teach the students basic security aspects of communication protocols in wired, optical, and wireless networks. Emphasis is put on detection and prevention of attacks on resources and informations systems in wired computer networks.
- Study materials:
1. Kaufman, Perlman & Speciner, Network Security, Private Communication in a Public World, 2nd Edition. Prentice Hall, 2002, ISBN: 0130460192.
2. Stallings, Cryptography and Network Security: Principles and Practice', 5th Edition. Prentice Hall, 2010, ISBN: 0-13-869017-0.
3. Anderson, Security Engineering: A Guide to Building Dependable Distributed Systems, Wiley Publishing, 2008, ISBN: 0470068523.
4. Mitnick, Simon, Wozniak, The Art of Deception: Controlling the Human Element of Security, Wiley, 2003, ISBN: 076454280X.
- Further information:
- Time-table for winter semester 2019/2020:
Mon Tue Fri ThuroomTH:A-942
Thákurova 7 (FSv-budova A)roomT9:345
NBFIT BOU ucebna
- Time-table for summer semester 2019/2020:
- Time-table is not available yet
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Computer Security, Presented in English, Version 2016 až 2020 (compulsory course of the specialization)
- Computer Systems and Networks, Presented in English, Version 2016 až 2020 (compulsory course of the specialization)
- Design and Programming of Embedded Systems, in English, Version 2016 až 2020 (elective course)
- Specialization Software Engineering, in English, Version 2016 až 2020 (elective course)