Advanced Information Systems
- Petr Špaček, Petr Kroha (guarantor)
- Petr Špaček
- Department of Software Engineering
Students learn the notion of business process logic and its formalization, with business process roles, business rules, and data processing, with the notion of service oriented company, enterprise services and service solution of business logic. They get acquainted with these notions also for the other types of ISs. They learn about agility and adaptivity and using of artificial intelligence methods for implementation of these ideas in ISs. They understand modern object-oriented methodologies for modelling of business processes, business rules, processed data, and enterprise ISs. They will get the rules and technologies for successful implementation of IS.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. The business process logic and its computerization by an enterprise information system.
2. Structured and object oriented paradigm for modeling of enterprise functionality.
3. A classical computer logic resulting into application architecture of enterprise business software.
4. Implementation of information systems, laws of a successful implementation.
5. Information systems of consulting companies, e-business.
6. Information systems for an entire and partial solution of a reduced and extended ERP process set conception.
7. A service oriented enterprise conception and computerization logic of enterprise services.
8. Agile and adaptive information systems based on artificial intelligence methods.
9. Partial solutions for the SCM (Supply Chain Management) and ECM (Enterprise Content Management) process sets.
10. Partial solutions for the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and marketing process sets.
11. Computerization of enterprise decision processes, the BI (Business Intelligence) set.
12. Computerization of public government and processes of universities.
13. Information systems, state-of-the-art, future trends.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Enterprise processes, process components, process strings - results of the enterprise process logic.
2. A practical modeling of enterprise processes.
3. Construction of process programs, construction of process transactions.
4. Enterprise information requirement specifications and covering by information system.
5. Extract of primitive and professional advisory systems. E-business in practice.
6. A selected ERP software solution in work. ERP management roles.
7. The SOE type of enterprises, modeling of enterprise services.
8. Agile and adaptive information systems and implementation of Artificial intelligence methods.
9. A software support of supplier and subscriber activities, enterprise documents administration.
10. The CRM management roles, its software solution in work.
11. Enterprise decision processes, software solution of the BI.
12. Selected public government information systems and university information systems in work.
13. Enterprise competitiveness versus enterprise information systems.
- Study Objective:
An important module for understanding the role, functionality, architectures and implementation methods for information systems in enterprises and the public sector administration. Key for understanding of the patterns and requirements of connection between the world of ICT and business in modern institutions and firms.
- Study materials:
1. McLeod, R., Schell, G. ''Management Information Systems (10th Edition)''. Prentice Hall, 2006. ISBN 0131889184.
2. Andersen, K. V., Vendelo, M. T. ''The Past and Future of Information Systems''. Butterworth-Heinemann, 2004. ISBN 0750661410.
3. Desouza, K. C. ''Agile Information Systems: Conceptualization, Construction, and Management''. Butterworth-Heinemann, 2006. ISBN 0750682353.
4. Vidgen, R., Avison, D., Wood, B., Wood-Harper, T. ''Developing Web Information Systems: From Strategy to Implementation''. Butterworth-Heinemann, 2002. ISBN 0750657634.
- Further information:
- Time-table for winter semester 2019/2020:
- Time-table is not available yet
- Time-table for summer semester 2019/2020:
Mon Tue FriroomTH:A-1247
Thákurova 7 (FSv-budova A)
Thákurova 7 (FSv-budova A)
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Computer Security, Presented in English, Version 2016 až 2020 (elective course)
- Computer Systems and Networks, Presented in English, Version 2016 až 2020 (elective course)
- Design and Programming of Embedded Systems, in English, Version 2016 až 2020 (elective course)
- Specialization Software Engineering, in English, Version 2016 až 2020 (compulsory course of the branch)