Transmission and Distribution of Electricity
- Zdeněk Müller (guarantor), Ladislav Musil
- Zdeněk Müller (guarantor), Ibrahim Ahmad, Ladislav Musil
- Department of Electrical Power Engineering
The course introduces particular topics concerning transmission and distribution systems, mainly load flow solutions, specific aspects of system steady states and possibilities to control these states. The course also deals with synchronous generators characteristics in different operational states.
Condition for obtaining assessment is participation in seminars and semester thesis elaboration. Passing the exam is given by the Study and Examination Code for Students of the Czech Technical University in Prague.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1.Load flow calculation in ES
2.Optimal generation power dividing in ES
3.Current carrying capacity of overhead power lines
4.Electric-magnetic field of overhead power lines
5.Active and reactive power flows control in ES
6.FACTS systems in power systems ? principles
7.FACTS systems in power systems ? applications for control in ES
8.Phase-shifting transformers, HVDC transmission in ES
9.Overhead lines mechanics
10.Electric-magnetic couplings in synchronous machines
11.Synchronous machine operational states
12.Electric-magnetic phenomena in ES
13.Electric-mechanic phenomena in ES
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
Saadat, H.: Power System Analysis. McGraw-Hill, New York, 2011.
Acha, E..: Three-phase Power System Analysis. A D Publishing, New York 2015.
Hingorani, N.G., Gyugyi, L.: Undestanding FACTS. IEEE Press, 2000.
Weedy, B.M. a kol: Electric Power Systems. Wiley 2012.
Machowski, J..: System Dynamics: Modeling, Simulation, and Control of Mechatronic Systems. Wiley, 2012,
- Further information:
- Time-table for winter semester 2018/2019:
Tue Fri Thu Fri
- Time-table for summer semester 2018/2019:
- Time-table is not available yet
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Technological Systems (compulsory course in the program)
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Electrical Machines, Apparatus and Drives (compulsory course in the program)
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Electrical Power Engineering (compulsory course in the program)