Web Application Design
- David Bernhauer (guarantor)
- Filip Glazar
- Department of Software Engineering
The basic course of web application development. Initially, the students become familiar with HTTP and its possibilities and partly with some properties of language describing the structure (HTML) and presentation of document on the Web (CSS). These skills provide the necessary basis for the development of Web applications, which will be demonstrated in modern libraries facilitate the development of Web pages applications.
Server side will be demonstrated on PHP technology using frameworks Symfony 2, Doctrine 2.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Introduction (web application architecture, HTTP).
2. Introduction of PHP, basics of handling HTTP connections by a web server.
3. OOP in PHP5.
4. Access to databases, separation of database access from the application logic, independence of the database used, MySQL5.
5. Keeping session information over stateless HTTP connections, cookies, sessions.
6. Separation of the presentation part of the application from the application logic, SMARTY templates.
7. Development cycle of a web application.
8. Practical aspects of web application development: Security of PHP applications.
9. Rapid Application Development (RAD) applied to web applications, PEAR, PECL.
10. XML-based technologies, processing XML documents in PHP, differences between PHP4 and PHP5.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
Students are able to design and implement a complete web application (both the client side and the server side).PHP is the most popular programming language for writing dynamic web applications, and is used as the primary programminglanguage of this module. Students learn to design and implement, for instance, an e-shop, a gallery, a shared calendar, andso on. Tools for quick and secure application development are introduced.
- Study materials:
- Further information:
- Time-table for winter semester 2019/2020:
NBFIT PC učebnaroomT9:348
NBFIT PC ucebnaroomT9:348
NBFIT PC ucebna
Fri Thu Fri
- Time-table for summer semester 2019/2020:
- Time-table is not available yet
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Bc. Programme Informatics, in Czech, Version 2015 to 2019 (VO)
- Bc. Branch Security and Information Technology, in Czech, Version 2015 to 2019 (elective course)
- Bc. Branch Computer Science, in Czech, Version 2015 to 2019 (elective course)
- Bc. Branch Computer Engineering, in Czech, Version 2015 to 2019 (elective course)
- Bachelor Branch Information Systems and Management, in Czech, Version 2015 to 2019 (elective course)
- Bachelor Branch Knowledge Engineering, in Czech, Version 2015, 2016 and 2017 (elective course)
- Bachelor Branch WSI, Specialization Software Engineering, in Czech, Version 2015 to 2019 (elective course)
- Bachelor Branch, Specialization Web Engineering, in Czech, Version 2015 to 2019 (compulsory course of the branch)
- Bachelor Branch WSI, Specialization Computer Grafics, in Czech, Version 2015 to 2019 (elective course)
- Bachelor Branch Knowledge Engineering, in Czech, Version 2018 to 2019 (elective course)