Radiotherapy - Clinical Training 1
- Department of Dosimetry and Application of Ionizing Radiation
Practice in the field of radiological techniques in radiotherapy organized with contracted partners in hospitals.
Required prerequisites are 16JRF12, 16DETE, 16ZDOZ12.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Parameters of the Co-60 units
2. Parameters of the Leksell gamma knife
3. Parameters of „afterloading“ systems
4. Mechanical tests of a linear accelerator and a radiotherapeutic simulator
5. Calibration of the linear accelerator by measuring the absolute dose under reference conditions - photon
6. Electron beams
7. Relative dosimetric measurements of linear accelerator - photon, electron beams
8. In-vivo dosimetry using TLD and diodes
9. Practical exercises with computerized planning system
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
Obtaining a basic idea of the activity and responsibility of radiological physics at the workplace, acquaintance with the clinical environment and its specifics.
Practical exercises from routine (dosimetric and other) tasks under the supervision of experienced radiological physics.
- Study materials:
 Faiz M. Khan, The Physics of Radiation Therapy
 Wolfgang C. Schlegel, L.W. Brady, H.-P. Heilmann, Thomas Bortfeld, M. Molls, Anca Ligia Grosu, New Technologies in Radiation Oncology (Google eBook), Springer, 2006
 Ann Barrett, Jane Dobbs, Tom Roques, Practical Radiotherapy Planning Fourth Edition, CRC Press, Jun 26, 2009
 John Meyer, IMRT, IGRT, SBRT: Advances in the Treatment Planning and Delivery of Radiotherapy, Karger Medical and Scientific Publishers, 2011
 Jacob Van Dyk, The Modern Technology of Radiation Oncology: A Compendium for Medical Physicists and Radiation Oncologists, Steel, Washington
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Radiologická fyzika (compulsory course of the specialization)