Chemistry for Bachelors
- Zuzana Fílová
- Zuzana Fílová
- Department of Biomedical Technology
Introduction to chemistry, categorization and properties of substances, chemical bonds, chemical reactions, elements in periodic table, organic chemistry fundamentals, natural substances, polymers, analytical methods - instrumental analysis, chemical calculations, chemical equations.
Conditions of credit:
Obligatory and active attendance at all tutorials. Absences are acceptable for serious reasons only and must be apologized and recompensed. Grading test (including chemical nomenclature and chemical calculation).
- Syllabus of lectures:
1.Subject and objective of chemistry, clasification and characteristics of chemical materials definitions, physical value, conformation of atoms, periodic system of elements. Chemical bonds, conformation of molekuls.
2. Radioactivity, nuclear reaction
3. Chemical reactions - types, reaction kinetics, thermodynamics.
4. Theory of acids and alkali.
5.s- and p-block elements.
6.d- and f-block elements, biological importance.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Chemical Nomenclature and balancing redox equation
2. Characterictics of compounds
3. Basics of chemistry of extinctant
4. of acids and alkali
5. s- and p-block elements.
6. Characterictics of d- and f-block elements
- Study Objective:
Mastering of chemical knowledge. Mastering of basic chemistry overview, conformation of atoms and its relations with particular characteristics of elements, usage in practice, organic chemistry. To get knowledge and practical skills in analytical chemistry. Important part is mastering of common calculation process in laboratory praktice as well as in theoretical researches.
- Study materials:
Ralph A. Burns: Fundamentals of Chemistry (4th Edition). Prentice Hall; 4 edition (2002). 746 s.
Ralph A. Burns: Fundamentals of Chemistry in the Laboratory (4th Edition). Prentice Hall; 4 edition, 2002
 John W. Pluemer: Fundamentals of Chemistry. Lulu Marketplace. 2005. 125 s.
- Time-table for winter semester 2018/2019:
Fri Thu Fri
- Time-table for summer semester 2018/2019:
- Time-table is not available yet
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Planning and Management of Crisis Situation - full-time (compulsory course)