Architectural composition 1
- Department of Architecture
The different approaches of artists, their methods and opinions are introduce by using examples from recent works. They are introduced to various criteria and different views of architecture as a complex art of building. In a broader sense, architecture is presented as art, combining a number of often conflicting requirements.
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
The course aims to acquaint students with the basic principles and relationships influencing the formation of architectural work.
- Study materials:
(1) Birnbaum Vojtěch: Vývojové zákonitosti v umění, Odeon Praha 1987; (2) Dvořák V., Tichý L.: Architektonická kompozice, skriptum ČVUT; (3) Krier Rob: Architektura - volba nebo osud, Akademia 2001; (4) Architectural Magazines (Architekt, Fórum, Stavba, ABS, Wetbewerb aktuel...); (5) Memoirs of a summary of the work of contemporary architecture (Contemporary European Architects, Taschen, od r.1990)
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Architektura a stavitelství - 2013 (compulsory course)