Transportation and Aerospace Technology
- Gabriela Achtenová (guarantor), Petr Hatschbach (guarantor), Svatomír Slavík (guarantor), Denis Hermann, Lukáš Novák, Robert Theiner
- Department of Automotive, Combustion Engine and Railway Engineering
Design and testing of ground transportation vehicles, control systems, aircraft structures and propulsions. Selected topics of transportation and aerospace technology are presented in seminars and by means of laboratory exercises. Information about possibility of master study and project work at CTU, trainee and internship in reputable firms, both in transportation and aerospace technology.
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1.Petrol and diesel engines, engine cycles, turbocharging and supercharging
2.Engine characteristics, engine emissions
3.Clutches, gearboxes, shafts and joints
4.Brakes, axles, steering
5.Roller test bench ? passive resistances, fuel consumption, emissions
6.Formula Student/SAE - CTU Cartech team
7.Introduction to railway vehicles - bogie guiding simulation
8.Diagnostic of automotive electronics
9.Introduction to aerospace technology. History.
10.Aircraft structures. Loading of aircraft structure. Aircraft materials. Composites.
12.Aircraft control. Essential aircraft systems. Onboard instrumentation.
13.Practical demonstration of CAD, CFD, MKP applications, experimental and laboratory activities with respect to design and development of aircraft.
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
- Time-table for winter semester 2020/2021:
- Time-table is not available yet
- Time-table for summer semester 2020/2021:
Mon Tue Fri ThuroomT4:C2-133
- The course is a part of the following study plans: