Computer Simulation in Manufacturing
- Pavel Scholz
- Pavel Scholz
- Department of Management and Economics
Manufacturing production is a very complex dynamic environment, whose understanding requires a complex and systematic approach. To better understanding of the production process and the system, design and optimization, there is a powerful tool - computer simulation. It becomes one of the absolutely necessary tools for responsible decision making of managers, economists, planners, industrial engineers and other professions. We will introduce the 2D and 3D software of companies SIMUL8 Corporation and SIEMENS, through solving problems as a variant proposal assessment of investment project, production capacity optimization or workplace ergonomic conditions improvement. Acquired knowledge of computer simulations may be expanded in the course „Modern tools of production systems.“
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Introduction to computer simulation, terminology.
2. 2S simulation models and software, application.
3. 2S simulation models and software, application.
4. Static and dynamic simulation.
5. Digital factory and PLM.
6. Tools for analyze of the production process and system.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1.-2. 2D simulation software, application.
3.-4. Design of production system.
5.-6. Optimization of the production system.
7. Excursion to the factory, which use digital factory tools.
8.-9. Capacitive balancing of workplaces, logistics.
10.-11. 3D simulation software, application.
12.-13. Design of production system, ergonomics optimization.
- Study Objective:
To acquaint students with the possibilities of using computer simulation in manufacturing production.
- Study materials:
- Time-table for winter semester 2018/2019:
- Time-table is not available yet
- Time-table for summer semester 2018/2019:
Poč. učebna 12138roomKN:B-129
Poč. učebna 12138
Tue Fri Thu Fri
- The course is a part of the following study plans: