- Department of Steel and Timber Structures
Final project for Erasmus mundus master couse SUSCOS.
All exams SUSCOS_M courses need be passed.
- Syllabus of lectures:
The content of the degree project is designed in collaboration
with the supervisor from host University. The degree project
always contains a theoretical foundation in the form of a
literature survey that highlights the area of technology and the
methodology, summarised in a scientific manner.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
The length round 100 p. is expected. At least one hard copy and
pdf version will be delivered for review and defence based on
host University internal rules.
The work will consist of Recommended cover and first pages,
Abstract, Keyword, List of contents, Declaration that the work
was prepared independently under the guidance of the leader,
List of references and host university local requirements.
- Study Objective:
The overall objective of the Degree project is that the student
practices, develops and is able to apply theory and methods to
solve problems relevant to a profession as Master of Science in
This means that on completion of the project the student is able
- Formulate relevant questions for investigation from a
chosen subject within the subject area. Apply knowledge
and proficiency that has been acquired during the period
of study to a complex development project or a smaller
research project in an independent and systematic
- Choose and justify the study method for an investigation.
- Analyse and defend the problem formulated in a correct
manner with respect to science and engineering, without
- Locate and critically review information and summarise
this in a scientific manner.
- Plan, structure and execute a project within research,
development or investigation.
- Judge the scientific and practical relevance of the results
- Work to a timetable.
- Express them well in writing in a verbally and scientifically
- Study materials:
All materials of SUSCOS_M courses and technical papers related to selected subject.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Sustainable Constructions under Natural Hazards and Catastrophic Events (compulsory course)