General Histology and Histology of Eye
- Jiří Uhlík (guarantor)
- Jiří Uhlík (guarantor)
- Department of Natural Sciences
Basics of processing samples for histological examination. Basics of cytology, general histology and microscopic anatomy. Development of eye in human embryo. Histological structure of eye and its accessory structures.
Assessment: active participation on excercises,fulfillment of requirements for assessment, knowledge covering the extent of the course (test)
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Cytology - introduction, general structure of cells, cell membrane and organels, cytoskeleton, nucleus
Epithelial tissue - epithelial cells, classicication of epithels, glandular epithelium.
2. Connective tissue - general structure, ligament, cartilage, bone. Nerve tissue, muscle tissue
3. Blood - blood elements and their development. Microscopic anatomy I - lymphatic, respiratory system and digestive system.
4.Microscopic anatomy II - urinary system, male reproductive, female reproductive system, endocrine system, nervous system, skin.
5. Microscopic anatomy III - Sense organs; Eye - anatomic structure, fibrous, vascular and nervous layers, lens, vitreous body, accessory structures of eye
6. Fundamentals of embryoplogy of eye, eye development
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Techniques used in histology and light and electron microscopy. Cytology.
2. General histology - tissues in light and electron microscopy
3. Blood, basics of microscopic anatomy I - examples of vascular, lymphatic, and respiratory system
4. Basics of microscopic anatomy II - examples of digestive, urinary system, and reproductive system.
5. Basics of microscopic anatomy III - examples of endocrine system, nervous system, and skin system.
6. Eye - practical demonstration of histological structure of eye
7. Assessment - test
- Study Objective:
Basics of processing samples for histological examination.
- Study materials:
1.ROSS, Michael H. a Wojciech PAWLINA. Histology: a text and atlas with correlated cell and molecular biology. 5th ed. Baltimore: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2006.
2.ROSS, Michael H., Edward J. REITH a Lynn J. ROMRELL. Histology: A Text and Atlas. 2nd Ed. Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins, 1989.
3.Digital Histology: An interactive CD atlas. ISBN 0470475390.
- Time-table for winter semester 2018/2019:
Mon Tue Fri Thu Friroom2.LFUK
- Time-table for summer semester 2018/2019:
- Time-table is not available yet
- The course is a part of the following study plans: