Statistical Methods with Applications
- Department of Mathematics
The course consists of selected methods of statistical data analysis such as: linear regression and correlation, analysis of variance, nonparametric methods, contingency tables, simulation of random variables and their application. The aim is to illustrate the use of statistical procedures on examples. Solutions of concrete examples by use of statistical software are also included.
Basic course of Calculus and Probability (in the extent of the courses 01MAB3, 01MAB4 and 01PRST held at the FNSPE CTU in Prague).
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Hypothesis testing and godnes-of-fit tests
2. Linear regression and correlation
3. One-way and two-way analysis of variance
4. Nonparametric tests - sign and rank tests, Wilcoxon test, Kruskal-Wallis test
5. Contingency tables - tests of independence and homogeneity
6. Simulation of random variables
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
Basic statistical procedures for data analysis, nonparametric methods.
Application of theoretically studied statistical procedures to practical problems of data analysis including use of these methods on computer in the MATLAB environment.
- Study materials:
 Shao, Jun: Mathematical Statistics, Springer, New York 1999
 J.P. Marques de Sá: Applied statistics using SPSS, STATISTICA, MATLAB and R, Springer, 2007
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Jaderná chemie (elective course)
- BS Matematické inženýrství - Aplikované matematicko-stochastické metody (compulsory course of the specialization)