- Department of Sanitary and Ecological Engineering
1) Ecotoxicological effect of main groups of priority substances (toxic metals, PAH, PCB, etc.).
2) Physical and chemical processes affecting fate of pollutants in the environment, biodegradation and bioaccumulation.
3) Risk assessment of hazardous substances to humans and to other activity.
4) Biomonitoring and information about toxic substances.
5) Legislation of hazardous substances
- Syllabus of lectures:
Ecotoxicological effect of main groups of priority substances (toxic metals, PAH, PCB, etc.).Physical and chemical processes affecting fate of pollutants in the environment, biodegradation and bioaccumulation. Risk assessment of hazardous substances to humans and to other activity. Biomonitoring and information about toxic substances.Legislation of hazardous substances
- Syllabus of tutorials:
Students learn about hazardous substances and their fate in the environment by seminar works and discussion about environmental and ecotoxicological problems.
- Study Objective:
To learn basics of ecotoxicological activity of substances, ecological risk assessment and biomonitoring of toxic substances.
- Study materials:
 Connell W., Miller J.: Chemistry and Ecotoxicology of Pollution, John Wiley and Sons, New York 1994,
 Calow P.: Handbook of Ecotoxicology, Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford 1994,
 Rand G.M., Petrocelli S.R.: Fundamentals of Aquatic Toxicology, Hemisphere Publishing
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: