Steel Structures 3
- Department of Steel and Timber Structures
Amplification of knowledge received from course 134OK1 and 134OK2. Deepening of knowledge received from courses 134OK1 and 134OK2. Amplifying of theoretical knowledge in the field of lateral and torsional stability of girders, buckling of plates, design of thin-walled cold-formed structures, torsion, fatigue and demanding composite steel and concrete structures. Complementation of knowledge from design of steel multi-storey buildings about specialities concerning tall buildings and earthquake design. Detailed design of industrial buildings and crane girders. Design of large span roofs and special structures (masts, towers, chimneys, tanks, silos and pipelines, technological structures). Basis of design from aluminium alloys and stainless steel.
Bachelor´s degree in Civil Engineering
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Stability and buckling resistance of compressed members, lateral and torsional stability of members under bending.
2. Stability and buckling resistance of steel plates, buckling of Class 4 cross sections.
3. Thin-walled cold-formed members.
4. Torsion of members.
5. Fatigue of steel structures.
6. Composite steel and concrete structures
7. Tall buildings earthquake,
8. Industrial buildings with cranes.
9. Large span structures.
10. Masts, towers and chimneys.
11. Silos, tanks and pipelines.
12. Technological structures
13. Aluminium alloys and stainless steel structures.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Steel frame - design of the column and frame cross beam, including initial imperfections and influence of second order.
2. Column - beam joint: design of the bolted connection with end plate.
3. Design of continuous steel and concrete composite floor beam.
4. Design of the composite steel and concrete column - tube filled by concrete.
- Study Objective:
Acquirement of deep abilities in the field of design of steel building structures.
- Study materials:
1. Studnička, J.: Navrhování nosných konstrukcí. Ocelové konstrukce, CTN (Nakladatelství ČVUT), 2015, ISBN 978-80-01-05490-1
2. Macháček J., Studnička J.: Ocelové konstrukce, ČVUT, 2011
3. Trahair, Bradford, Nethercot, Gardner: The behaviour and design of steel structures to EC3. Taylor and Francis, 2008, 490 p. [ISBN: 9780415418652]
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: