- Department of Loadbearing Structures
Load-bearing structures made of different materials; new materials and their use; advanced methods of structural design; types and forms of up-to-date structures; examples of contemporary buildings.
Rehabilitation of load-bearing structures – investigation and assessment of existing structures; structural performance under normal and accidental situations; methods of repair, strengthening and upgrading of load-bearing structures.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Masonry. 2. Masonry. 3. Concrete. 4. Concrete. 5. Steel, composites. 6. Aluminium. 7. Wood. 8. Wood. 9. Glass. 10. Natural stone. 11. Plastics. 12. Fixings and anchorage. 13. Reports of participants on different topics, discussion. 14. Reports of participants on different topics, discussion.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1. Achtziger, Joachim: Masonry construction Manual, Birkhäuser Verlag, 2001. 2. Kind-Barkauskas, Friedbert: Concrete Construction Manual, Birkhäuser Verlag, 2002. 3. Schulitz, Helmut C: Steel Construction Manual, Birkhäuser Verlag, 2000. 4. Schittich, Christian: Glass Construction Manual, Birkhäuser Verlag, 1999. 5. Herzog, Thomas - Natterer, Julius - Volz, Michael: Wood Construction Manual, Birkhäuser Verlag, 2003. 6. Ching, Francis D.K.: Building Construction Illustrated, John Wiley Et Sons Inc. 2001
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: