- Department of Special Geodesy
Introduction to surveying, basic geodetic calculations, evaluation of precision and accuracy of a measurement, theory of errors, instrumentation, topographic survey, angular and distance measurements, determination of heights, photogrammetry, laser scanning, mapping, setting-out in construction, surveying for monitoring of displacements, cadastre of real estates.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Introduction to surveying, shape and size of the Earth, reference surfaces, cartographic projections.
2. Basic geodetic calculations.
3. Evaluation of precision and accuracy of a measurement.
4. Angular measurement.
5. Distance measurement.
6. Determination of heights - part I.
7. Determination of heights - part II.
8. Measurements for thematic mapping and for as-built documentation of constructions.
9. Setting out.
10. Laser scanning, photogrammetry, GNSS.
11. State map series in the Czech Republic, thematic maps for construction industry.
12. Cadastre of real estates of the Czech Republic.
13. Geographical information systems.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
Understanding of the problems of engineering surveying, basic geodetic methods and calculations used in civil engineering, possibilities of modern surveying.
- Study materials:
?Schofield W., Breach M.: Engineering Surveying - Butterworth-Heinemann, 2011, ISBN 978-0-7506-6949-8.
?Uren J., Price B.: Surveying for Engineers - Palgrave Macmillan, 2010, ISBN 978-0-230-22157-4.
?Anderson, J.M. - Mikhail, E.M.: Surveying: Theory and Practice. McGraw-Hill New York, 1998, 1167 pages, ISBN 9780070159143.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: