- Václav Potoček (guarantor)
- Michal Jex, Antonín Hoskovec
- Department of Physics
Basic quantum theory presented via rigorous mathematical methods.
Basic course of Calculus and Linear Algebra (01MANA, 01MAA2-4, 01LALA, 01LAA2). Basic functional analysis course (01FAN, 01FA2, 01FA3).
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. States and observables.
2. Basic postolates of non-relativistic quantum mechanics.
3. Mixed states.
4. Superselection rules.
5. Compatibility, complete sets of compatible observables.
6. Uncertainity relations.
7. Canonical commutation relations.
8. Time evolution.
9. Feynman integral.
10. Non-conservative systems.
11. Composed systems.
12. Identical particles.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
Exercise is devoted to illustrate lectures by good examples and complements by the other lecture topics.
- Study Objective:
To give graduates the basic quantum theory via mathematically correct formulations and methods. To emphasize rigorous formalism and its benefits when solving some concrete problems from quantum mechanics.
- Study materials:
 J. Blank, P. Exner, M. Havlíček: Hilbert Space Operators in Quantum Physics, Springer, 2008.
 G. Mackey: The mathematical foundations of quantum mechanics, Dover Publications, 2004.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: